MOAT Studio is a registered partner with the Local Authority Building Control.
What does this mean for our clients?
- MOAT Studio is fully compliant and has been approved in detail with the LABC prior to works being carried out.
- Calculations, taking into account all agreed technical aspects, together with bespoke drawings and specification are produced for each and every project.
- All materials have also been approved together with construction methods carried out by MOAT Studio’s Chartered Architectural Technologists.
- MOAT Studio’s Chartered Architectural Technologists are fully acquainted with every aspect of each client’s project and insist on the highest standards of industry practice.
- Each and every project is inspected during construction by the LABC Local Authority Building Inspector who in turn signs the project off and deals directly with our clients.
- MOAT Studio’s responsible approach along with our bespoke insurance backed client service demonstrates our commitment to our clients, providing complete peace of mind.
Why is the LABC so important to the industry?
Our short video explains the importance of LABC to the construction industry, a key element in the fusion between design and construction:
Peace of mind from the experts at LABC
- LABC works for local authorities and are independent, so their advice is always impartial.
- LABC‘s network includes all local authorities representing a total of 3,000 professional building surveyors and technical support staff. This means that they can give fast local support to any customer anywhere and regularly work with planners, conservation officers, access officers, fire services, highways and other organisations whose input might be required.
- LABC works with manufacturers, trade bodies, professional institutions and other recognised bodies to ensure that standards are well-defined and easy to apply.
- LABC provides training and advice including free guidance, Continuous Professional Development and training events to help educate and improve the work of MOAT Studio. They also provide impartial help and advice direct to home owners.